Terms and Conditions
Yeti Tours Limited – Terms and Conditions
These conditions are to clarify the risks and responsibilities for both parties when booking a trip with Yeti Tours It is sometimes necessary for people to change their travel plans and it may be necessary to change trip plans for safety reasons.
BOOKINGS AND CANCELLATIONS
We will accept and hold unconfirmed reservations for a limited period, up to one month, depending on the length of time until departure.
• For a booking to be confirmed we require a deposit or payment in full.
• Unconfirmed reservations will expire if a deposit is not received by 30 days prior to the departure date
• The balance owing is due on or before the day of departure.
• You may cancel a confirmed booking and obtain a full refund of your deposit if we receive 7 days notice.
• Deposits will not be refunded for cancellations that give less than 7 days notice or if clients miss their trip due to late arrival.
• All trips depart at 7.30am from Matai Shuttles 3 Burns Street Ohakune, loading for trips at 07.15am Booking and payments are the Red Board Shed, 61 Clyde Street, Ohakune, if you are late no refund will be given
For all trips a deposit of 20% is required thirty days before departure payable 30 days before your trip or at time of confirming booking. This is refundable until 7 days prior to departure.
• All aspects of our operation are designed to put safety first. With any outdoor adventure activity there is an element of risk and it is impossible to eliminate all hazards.
• Our aim is to manage risks to acceptable levels.
• All our staff are trained to a high level of competence and all drivers have a p endorsement and vehicles used by us are licensed by the LTSA for passenger service.
• On our guided tours we have greater control of hazard management and very high safety levels are maintained at all times.
Bad weather may occur before the start of your trip or at any time during your trip.
• We will not start your trip if we consider the river conditions to be unsafe.
• If we believe conditions are improving we may delay the start time or postpone till the following day.
• If your trip is cancelled due to bad weather, or if you are unable to postpone till the following day, all amounts held by Yeti Tours will be refunded.
• If bad weather arrives during your trip, the guide will take whatever action is necessary to ensure the safety of the group until conditions improve.( guided trips only)
• If it is necessary to evacuate the group, there will be a partial refund based on each full day not spent on the trip (less the cost of evacuation, Guided Trips Only) Freedom hire all cost is there responsibility.
All our equipment is tested regularly, however due to user error and/or unknown damage on a previous trip we cannot be held responsible for any electrical or personal equipment damaged whilst on the river. For this reason we advise against taking electrical equipment, or recommend putting it in a sealable plastic bag inside the barrel or camera case.(There is no cell phone coverage.)
• Clients are responsible for their own safety management and any additional costs arising from bad weather, or injury, must be met by the client. This includes any cost in getting any replacements to you (including kayak or canoe.)
• If weather and river conditions turn bad during your trip, your first option should be to wait it out.
• If conditions turn bad, we will allow you to sit it out and canoe/kayak back a day late, at no extra cost.
• Clients are required to replace any equipment lost and are liable for the repair cost of any equipment damaged.
• If a total loss is incurred then the excess for insurance ($500) is payable by the hirer
We do not set age limits for clients but recommend children no younger than 10 years canoe/kayak the Whanganui River.
• On guided tours the guide has responsibility for all safety decisions.
• The guide or the company may change trip plans to ensure client safety.
• Clients must inform us of any existing medical condition or physical disability that could affect their ability to complete the tour.
• Yeti Tours is responsible for all company equipment on guided tours.
• A parent or guardian must accompany children under the age of 16.
We do not set age limits for our clients but recommend children no younger than 10 years canoe/kayak the Whanganui River.
To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for damage to your property, disruption to travel plans, or mental injury is excluded. This exclusion is subject to any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1996
Online Booking System – Standard Terms and Conditions
The online booking system is provided by Travel Booking Services 2016 LP.
1. Agreement between Customer and Travel Booking Services 2016 LP
This Web site is offered to you, the Customer, conditional on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your use of this Web site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.
In these terms and conditions, “we” and “us” means Travel Booking Services 2016 LP, a limited partnership registered in New Zealand (LP 2647331).
2. Access to the Web site and Content
We will endeavour to allow uninterrupted access to the Web site, but access to the Web site may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time.
We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute or remove without notice any information on the Web site from time to time.
3. Intellectual Property
The copyright in the material contained in the Web site, together with the Web site design, text and graphics, and their selection and arrangement, belong to Travel Booking Services 2016 LP. All rights are reserved. None of this material may be reproduced or redistributed without our written permission. You may, however, download or print a single copy for your own non-commercial off-line viewing.
Third party product and company names mentioned on this Web site may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
4. Exclusions of Liability
We use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the data on the Web site is accurate and to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable after being notified of them. We do not monitor, verify or endorse information submitted by third parties for posting on the Web site and you should be aware that such information may be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained on the Web site. We do not guarantee that the Web site will be fault free and do not accept liability for any errors or omissions.
Due to the nature of electronic transmission of data over the internet, and the number of users by whom data is posted on to the Web site, any liability we may have for any losses or claims arising from an inability to access the Web site, or from any use of the Web site or reliance on the data transmitted using the Web site, is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law. In no event shall we be liable for any loss of profit, revenues, goodwill, opportunity, business, anticipated savings or other indirect or consequential loss of any kind in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising out of use of the Web site, save where such liability cannot be excluded by law.
We do not give any warranty that the Web site is free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
5. Exclusion of Liability for Supplier’s Goods and Services
We provide information for a number of suppliers on the Web site and provide you the opportunity to purchase goods and services from those suppliers through the Web site. We can accept no liability for any goods or services provided by third party suppliers. All goods or services are provided by third parties over whom we do not have control and you should satisfy yourself that you wish to purchase those goods or services before contracting with the supplier. The suppliers will be supplying on their own standard terms and conditions and you should check that you agree to those terms and conditions before placing an order.
6. Use of the BookIt Booking System
The BookIt booking system provided on this Web site is provided solely to assist customers in determining the availability of travel-related goods and services and to make legitimate reservations or otherwise transact business with suppliers, and for no other purposes. You warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and possess the legal authority to enter into this agreement and to use this Web site in accordance with all terms and conditions herein. You agree to be financially responsible for all of your use of this Web site (as well as for use of your account by others, including, without limitation, minors living with you). You agree to supervise all usage of this Web site by minors under your name or account. You also warrant that all information supplied by you or members of your household in using this Web site is true and accurate. Without limitation, any speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand is prohibited. You agree that the travel services reservations facilities of this Web site shall be used only to make legitimate reservations or purchases for you or for another person for whom you are legally authorized to act. You understand that overuse or abuse of the travel services reservation facilities of this Web site may result in you being denied access to such facilities.
Separate terms and conditions may apply to your reservation and purchase of travel-related goods and services that you select. You agree to abide by the terms or conditions of purchase imposed by any supplier with whom you elect to deal, including, but not limited to, payment of all amounts when due and compliance with all rules and restrictions regarding availability of fares, products, or services. You shall be completely responsible for all charges, fees, duties, taxes, and assessments arising out of the use of this Web site.
7. Reservations and Payments
At the time of booking, payment by credit card shall be made for the full or part amount of each booking in New Zealand dollars. You will then receive a booking confirmation and reference number for each booking. You will need to use that reference should you wish to refer to your booking(s) at a later date. You will also receive a booking voucher for each booking which will be emailed to your nominated email address.
8. Customer Validation
You may be required to provide a credit card at check-in/arrival to cover incidental charges and may also be required to provide photo ID.
9. Product Availability
We do not accept any liability for unavailability of rooms and/or services caused by the supplier over-selling the suppliers own inventory.
10. E-mail and Password
You are issued with a password which must be used in conjunction with your e-mail address in order to access certain restricted parts of the Web site. The e-mail and password are personal to you and are not transferable.
Your e-mail and password are the methods used by us to identify you and so are very important. You are responsible for all information posted on the Web site by anyone using your e-mail and password and any payments due for services accessed through the Web site by anyone using your e-mail and password. We strongly recommend you do not disclose your password to anyone. Any breach of security of an e-mail and password should be notified to us immediately.
You may not adapt or circumvent the systems in place in connection with the Web site nor access the Web site other than through normal operations.
11. Amendments and Cancellations
Cancellation policies are specific to each supplier and are detailed on the payment confirmation page prior to final booking confirmation.
A non-refundable fee of NZ20.00 applies to all cancellations regardless of the supplier’s cancellation policy.
Where you are entitled to a refund, the refund will be made to the same credit card that you used to confirm the booking.
For amendments of bookings, additional charges, or a refund, may apply depending on the nature of the booking amendment.
If you make a booking using a discount code, you will not be able to use that discount code on any subsequent booking amendment. Amendments will be made using the normal price of the product being amended.
12. No Shows
No refunds or credits will be provided if you fail to advise any amendments to the booking or fail to report at the venue of the operator with the appropriate vouchers issued for that booking on the day and/or time booked.
13. Currency and GST
All prices shown listed on this Web site are in New Zealand dollars. All prices include the New Zealand Goods and Services Tax.
The only details required from you to make a booking are your first and last names, your email address and the details of the booking itself (i.e. the number of bookings made by you and the number of adults, number of children etc included in that booking). Any other information that we collect is information which you “voluntarily” provide to us.
When you book through the BookIt booking system the information forwarded to the operator is the minimum information necessary to confirm the booking. Customer information may be used to build up non-personal data about both the Web site and geographic regions such as total visitor numbers, number of bookings and demographics of those using the site. However no names will be used to identify individual customers.
Information registered on the Travelbug site remains the property of Travel Booking Services 2016 LP (Travel Booking Services). Travel Booking Services does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
We release account and other personal information only when we believe release is appropriate for legal compliance and law enforcement (including to government agencies with statutory law enforcement responsibilities); to facilitate court proceedings; enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Travel Booking Services 2016 LP, Travelbug users, or others. Government agencies with statutory roles enabling them to request data from us includes but is not restricted to Police, IRD and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. Members can contact Travel Booking Services to ask whether such information has been provided.
15. Storage of Information and Security of Payment
We have taken all practicable steps from both a technical and systems perspective to ensure that all of your information is securely protected. We may need to contact you via email or telephone if there are matters affecting your booking or if you choose to make amendments or cancellations.
Such information will not be held any longer than is required by Travel Booking Services.
A secure payment gateway is used to process all transactions and credit card details.
16. Links to Third Party Web sites
This Web site may contain hyperlinks to web sites operated by parties other than Travel Booking Services. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. Travel Booking Services does not control such web sites and is not responsible for their contents. Travel Booking Services’s inclusion of hyperlinks to such web sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such web sites or any association with their operators.
It is recommended that all customers purchase comprehensive travel insurance at the time of booking.
19. General Conditions
We may modify these terms and conditions at any time by publishing the modified terms and conditions on the Web site. Any modifications shall take effect 3 days after posting on the Web site.
20. Governing law
These terms are governed by and to be construed in accordance with New Zealand law. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.